Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Fun Day

It's another windy day. Mom, Dad and I had usually visited NW Iowa in the spring and fall and it was usually windy so I was pleasantly surprised that there are lots of days in the summer and some in the fall when it's not windy.

Today was a bazaar and lunch in Plover. Five of us went for coffee (water for me!) and pie and then brought our lunch home since we were there at about 10:30. They were serving hot turkey sandwiches or BBQ pork with choice of a homemade salad and pie. Those church ladies are good pie bakers. They were also selling bags of nuts like whole pecans, whole cashews, almonds, trail mix, etc. which has been part of their fundraiser for many years. Then there were other baked goods for sale like kringla (popular in this area and north), caramel rolls, pecan rolls and other stuff.

Tonight is our town's soup supper (homemade chicken noodle, and hot or "normal" chili) and then turkey bingo. I'm helping serve soup and may stay to see if I can win a turkey. Homemade chicken noodle soup is something I never make but it's a popular soup here.

The Colts game is not on TV here tomorrow so I'll have to watch the NASCAR race in Texas instead. Glenn got 2 free tickets for it so he and Amy will be there.

No comments: