Thursday, March 19, 2009

Making Cookies

I've been waiting for the day to see if Lacey would like baking at Great Aunt Cindy's house - and she did!!! She did such a good job! We made Jackpot Drops which is my Grandma R.'s school recipe for choc. chip oatmeal cookies. Grandma was the head of the Carmel High School cafeteria. For a couple of years I got to ride to school with her and sometimes home. After school she would take me to the room where the cookies the ladies had made were stored - in these huge round containers. She would give me 2-3 for an after school snack. Yum!

Here Lacey is adding v
anilla, sifting, measuring and using the scoop to drop them on the cookie sheet.

You should've heard her comments when she ate the first one that was still warm. "Ohhhhh, this is soooooo good. Can you pleeeease help my mom and grandmas make these - they need help ...... You are a good cooker". I'll have to post the recipe sometime to "help" everyone! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like a young Martha Stewart with her hair hanging in her eyes. Great Grandma Dunk

Anonymous said...

She hasn't made cookies at our house yet. G & A

Flora&Fauna said...

Ahhh - another generation of Jackpot Drop bakers begins! And she is right - they sure are good warm!
Jan

Anonymous said...

That recipe is very similar to my grandmother's oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. Sometimes we substitue 1 cup of raisens for 1 of the cups of chocolate chips.