Monday, May 3, 2010

Back to the Fields

It's a sunny and breezy day so Tim has been working ground and Bill hopes to plant beans after lunch if it's dry enough!

We're having crock pot whole chicken, mashed potatoes, creamed asparagus, and vanilla pudding/banana tarts for lunch today.

This picture shows you that our trees are just leafing out here. When I was in Indiana a month ago, they already were there.


I checked my 2 spots in our ditch for asparagus this morning. I started harvesting "my spots" a few days ago - about 4-6 spears a day so far on warmer, sunny days. The ones in this picture are lighter green than what I had seen, but Diane tells me it comes in all shades of green and some purple.

I didn't get to work on my purses yesterday because I had a really bad toothache all afternoon and night. Have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon.

Mark Dickey is going to fix a few places with the siding on the house today. We moved in a year ago this week so need to have them come back and get any repairs done since a year is about what the new house warranty is.

I've just added a new feature to the blog. Toward the bottom right you can now click there on any of my labels like if you want to see all of the recipes together, click on Recipes. If you're only interested in my stamping or farming posts, you can click on those labels.

1 comment:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

The purses look really fun!
I've been meaning to ask you if you've heard of a magazine called Mary Janes Farm. It's a great mag full of recipes and ideas about country living. I always think of you while looking through it - knowing that you're a "transplant" into that lifestyle and know that you would probably enjoy it.
Let me know and I'll send you one of my extra copies - it'll make you smile for sure!