Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sunset with Rain in the Distance

This was the sunset we watched last night from the field. I took Bill a ham & cheese sandwich, some chips and rice & raisin dessert (see below). After he ate, I rode with him until he was done which was only until he reached an area that was too wet to plant. His pickup was at his mom's so he needed a ride. I think we got home about 8:30.

While riding, I told him that I wish he had some kind of field work to do most of the year instead of a few weeks in the spring and fall since I like field work - both riding or doing it. He looked at me a little funny and said I should've married a farmer from California! :)

Even though my tooth was better yesterday morning, I ended up calling the dentist after lunch to have it checked out. They were full for the day but they thought I should be seen and squeezed me in, so I went to Laurens at 4:00. It turns out my tooth was abscessed and had been for quite a while. The dentist "opened it up" as she called it, drained it and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. I have to have a root canal in 2 weeks in Ft. Dodge.

When leaving Laurens, I stopped at their grocery since I had never been in it. I like to check out things like that in all the towns around. It seems quite a bit bigger than ours. They had a deli which is always nice. I found a small container of the rice & raisin dessert that I took to Bill - he really liked it! It was like a rice pudding with raisins and cinnamon.

Very windy again today - up to 50 mph gusts - and a few sprinkles this afternoon. They're saying maybe frost later this week. Not good since the corn is barely up.



No comments: