Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Snake in the window!

This snake was in the window well of my stamp room for several days. I kept mentioning it to Bill but to no avail. I finally decided today that I'd have to take matters into my own hands! I didn't want to have to look at it any longer or have it maybe find a way into the house! This was the first snake I'd seen around our house and I've never seen one when mowing anywhere. I've seen them on the road a few times and Glenn had some in his yard.

I got Grandpa R.'s old sidewalk edger out and thought I'd chop it in half. Either the edger was really dull or snakeskin is tough (probably both) 'cause it wasn't as easy as I thought - ick. I ended up getting a rake and bringing it up out of the window well that way. I carried it over to the lane with it's tongue going in and out the whole time (after it had been stabbed many times!). Thought chopping it on the hard gravel of the lane would do the trick. Still not easy but think he'll surely die eventually!

No comments: