Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Public Service

I've been taking pictures to blog about the past few days but haven't taken the time to post them. Have various subjects coming up: making sugar cream pie (the Indiana state pie - a Hoosier thing), baby chicks including video and corn coming up. Check back if interested. :)

You'll have to click on this first picture to see it bigger, but it was a successful burn of the house where there was a fire last July 4th (there was a blog post with pictures when it
burned the first time). Tuesday the firemen went and finished the job. This house is right across from the golf course so I'm sure many will be glad it's down. Picture was taken from our house.

We had Glenn & family including Diane & Lacey over last night for a cookout. Diane also did haircuts for all of us. This was the sunset as they were leaving.

This morning I went to Diane & Todd's house. They were having some carpet installed in the baby's room and kind of needed someone to be there. That's when I took pictures of their new baby chicks and had my first encounter with a rooster! I had heard so much about how bad roosters are from my mom, uncles and now Lacey! Anybody have an extra baseball bat I can borrow?

Bill and Tim finished planting yesterday and replanted a few spots here and there today. I got to "help" this afternoon which was just driving the pickup from field to field as Bill replanted. The truck had some bags of seed in case he needed it. I read a magazine while waiting. Tough job. :) Tonight we're getting some light rain - perfect timing!

No comments: