Friday, May 8, 2009

Dad

Last week when I was in Indiana, I got to see Dad's (& Mom's) headstone for the first time. I really like it. Mom did a good job picking it out. Mom & I both like hearts. Click on the picture to see the wording better - then click on your arrow in the top left corner to come back to this screen.









The location is really nice - with a perfect view of the Dairy Queen. For those that may not know, Mom & Dad built the DQ when I was 1 and owned it for 17 years. Glenn & I were lucky kids to be able to make ourselves extra thick shakes, hot fudge sundaes and all that whenever we wanted to! Our friends were jealous. :)

We had more rain yesterday morning and then a nice day so still too wet to plant. It is sunny today and corn is coming up! The rain delay has actually worked out well for me! Bill put up some curtain rods and things again. We're still bringing more stuff over from the house and getting organized.

Bill had to go to Ft. Dodge for parts yesterday - he and Tim are working on their skid loader. I had to go to West Bend for stamp room carpet samples and to Algona for a curtain rod. While in Algona I got to have lunch at a place I'd heard about - Maggie B's. HOMEMADE PIES almost as good as Grandma's!! And evidently their soup is very good - they ran out while I was there.


The plumber is coming today we hope - our water softener isn't working which means rusty water and orange toilet bowls! Greg & Bill F. will be here tomorrow to put the screens in our screened porch, adjust some doors, and put in a basement window well. Our garage has to be painted, garage door openers installed, utility sink installed and the electrical work done. Lots more to be finished. The inside is looking pretty good though. Will have pics soon.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Cindy,

I love the headstone and hearts are just perfect. Thank you for sharing with us. I'm sure visiting the gravesite was hard. My prayers to you and your family and I hope your mom starts feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,
I hadn't gotten a chance to look at your blog lately and glad I took the time today. I agree-the headstone is beautiful. And I'm continually praying for all of you.
Can't wait to see you next month and give you big hugs. Love, Suetta p.s. Miss you a whole, whole bunch!