Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Catching Up

Where to begin!!?? I drove the 10 hours from Indiana back to Iowa on Saturday. Bill planted Sun. morning and I carried boxes. Kyle, Karen, Dave & Ryanne came in the afternoon to help move bigger things over. Dave spent time putting all of our electronics together and getting the new TV hooked up. Peggy babysat the twins and fed us. All a big help - thanks guys! I have pictures from Indiana to share and some of what's been going on here the past week, but we officially stayed in the new house Sun. night and every day lots more things are in place and decorated!



In Indiana, everything was blooming. I love the dogwood and redbud trees. This dogwood is always pretty and is at National City Bank (Union State Bank back then) where I worked for 11 years - my first job.





This is Mark Kemna, a distant relative. He's been in the flooring business many years. Here he's stretching the carpet from our old house in the basement. Turns out we didn't have enough of it for the stamp room so I need to make a trip to West Bend to pick something out. I can't quit carrying, unpacking& decorating to go!





First look at the new refrigerator & stove. I cooked on the new stove for the first time and cooked bacon in the new microwave - like it all!

Bill only got about 100 acres of beans planted today. Tim was rolling beans and Carl worked ground but got rained out where he was this evening. I had a sandwich ready to take to Bill at about 6:45 but he asked me to pick up Carl and take him to his truck instead with the rain coming. Turns out most of it went to the south.

No comments: