Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mowing Begins

Last night we got to go to the triplets' FFA Banquet. Here they are with one of the awards they earned. All 3 were officers this past year and participated in most of the activities.






I took over most of the mowing last year. Bill hates doing it and would rather be doing something more important. This is the mower we use.

We had really bad wind yesterday and today (35 mph with 40 something gusts) so I just mowed at our house and the Zeman place which is where the equipment is stored and where these pics were taken. The grass had not been cut yet this Spring since we've been a little busy with the house and moving so it was really long. I will do the bin site another day if it doesn't rain.

This place is at a dead end so no traffic which was good today since the dust was rolling when trucks or other traffic went by on the road at our house.

Hard to believe that it's been 2 years last month since I quit my full time job! I like doing these outside "jobs". Kind of funny - when I was added to Bill's health insurance, I was getting calls from them since I'm Type 2 Diabetic. They ask you lots of questions about your diet and exercise, etc. but the funniest was when she asked how I deal with my stress. I said "I don't have any now"!

No comments: