Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rain Delay

Kinda late but thought I'd type a post anyway.

We started the day with a fire call right at 6:00 am. A young guy had rolled an SUV on a gravel road just north of Tim's house (I know some of you don't know where that is but Tim's kids in other states read this, Bill's brother in MO, sister in MN, etc.). The guy was banged up but ok - vehicle was not.

I had a phone co. guy stop to flag where they're going to bury our phone line. He had been to training in Ft. Wayne, Indiana so talked to me a lot about that and the differences between here and there. Then our neighbor John, the bug man, came to spray for bugs (yay!). Not that we have any yet - but that's the idea! I have seen 2 live spiders already. We had "purchased" one free pest control application at the silent auction benefit last year for John's wife (the one I donated the pies for a year for). We waited to use it at the new house - the old house was beyond control for bugs.

We had 2-3 loads of sand delivered and a skid loader - getting ready for the concrete work.

I had a hair apptmt. with Diane after lunch. Then the lightning drove the guys out of the fields around 4:30 with rain following. Bill only has about 300 acres left to plant.

No comments: