Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Miscellaneous

Hello - I'm typing this from my new Windows 8 laptop!  This is a good thing to be finally using it!  Right now I'm working on getting icons on the Start screen for all of the main things I use all the time.  Getting rid of an old familiar laptop is like getting a new cell phone, jeans or anything else like that - you have to get it all nice and comfy like your old one was.  I'm liking this one already because the battery says it'll be good for six hours and it's staying cool on my lap.

I've had a long time Stampin' Up! Demonstrator friend from southern Illinois here with us until yesterday.  She got here last Thurs.  I took her to West Bend to see The Grotto and shop, we walked on the Three Rivers Trail, went out to eat in Humboldt and did lots of stamping which was great.  I miss all of my stamping friends.  Yesterday afternoon I had a P.E.O. committee meeting in Emmetsburg and went from it to get something to eat with the friend that rode with me, and then we went directly to our regular P.E.O. meeting last night in Pocahontas and got home at 10:45.

Mom is going to have a visitor from Germany this week who is also a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator there so this morning I boxed up lots of my sample cards and 3-D samples to send to Mom's for Mona to look at and take back to Germany with her and got that to the post office before it closed at 11:30.  (our town's post office was one that the hours were cut back to half days and open one hour on Sat.)  

This morning I went to the program at the library and the guys finished up here with the spray foam insulation in our new shed.  I'll blog about both of those soon.  Bill went to a big equipment auction in Pocahontas hoping to get some shelving and a fuel barrel for the shed.  He just got home and was able to get most of what he wanted.  Going back now with Tim to load and bring it home. 

The other big things to figure out with this laptop are getting Microsoft Office transferred from Bill's laptop to mine, then transferring all my Word & Excel files from my old one to this laptop plus pictures AND a biggie is finding out how I'll download pictures from my phone and camera to this one - so I can do my blog posts.  Wish me luck!     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You finally got your laptop?!? How long ago did you order it?

-Jim