Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Great Labor Day Weekend

I'm so far behind on getting pictures posted of things we've been doing this summer that I hardly know where to begin.  And Bill says he doesn't know what he's done unless he reads it here!  ;)  

This past weekend was really nice.  We were invited to friends' lake house which was only about an hour away.  It was a nice, quiet lake with not many boats out and not very many houses around it even.  They grilled hamburgers and provided some other things and those of us that went pitched in.  I took deviled eggs and cream cheese cupcakes.  Peggy took a lemon fruit salad (got that recipe!) and a macaroni salad.  
Uncle Tim checking out one of the docks
We got to sit on their deck and enjoy the view and then those that wanted to went for a boat ride to see the area (really nice pontoon boat that holds 13).  Later those that wanted to go fast (me!) and kids that wanted to have fun went out again.  Nice, nice day.
kids riding on Big Mama (not really, but Big something - I forget)










sunset from the deck
The rest of the weekend we both got a lot done around here.  Bill has been moving rock up to the shed entrances now that the concrete is done.  Yesterday he got everything moved out of it to be ready for the spray foam insulation guys to do their thing in about a week hopefully.  He trimmed some dead branches from a big tree.  This tree got a little hot when we burned our old house so some branches died.   

I'm working on painting our screened porch that was painted yellow, when we built the house, instead of a tan that I wanted.  I'm having a very hard time getting the right color of paint.  The woman at the hardware warned me that it's very hard to get the tan color you want without it being pink and she was sure right.  Right now we have a pinkish tan screened porch - which is still better than yellow - I think.  Not sure what I'm going to end up with.

One of my stamping/demonstrator friends from southern Illinois is coming to visit me this Thurs.  Lots more summer fun on the agenda while she's here for a few days.
 

No comments: