Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fun with our Niece & Nephew

Recently Bill's mom had a couple of the grandkids at her house for a few days so Bill had a little shadow most of the time - one who asks LOTS of questions!   I didn't see him except for a couple of minutes one day so no pictures, but one of the days Peggy was going to Bible Study so I asked if Taylor would like to come hang out with me and she said yes.  

We walked down to the creek and across it and threw rocks in it and she waded in it.  We looked at Uncle Bill's shed.  I asked if she wanted to bake something and she requested that we make peanut butter fudge.  Luckily I had Aunt Jan's recipe that she makes in an electric skillet that I knew was easy and good so we made that.  We went downstairs and looked at all the cards and stuff.  And then ran out of time.   I'm sure her parents would probably let me borrow her most any time!  

The next day the three of us went to "coffee" at the library to hear the program which was Luke Dahl from our town talking about and showing pictures of his service as medical personnel on a Blackhawk helicopter in Afghanistan.  Very interesting.
stirring peanut butter fudge
Did you all see the Blue Moon again a couple of weeks ago?  Always fun to watch it rise.  Pictures just don't do it justice - at least with my camera.  

Blue Moon rising behind our house








I've caught a few beautiful sunsets this summer.  Here's one:
sunset from the front of our house
 
 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Jim, I've had it for quite a while but just haven't taken much time to get used to it and figure out how to get everything transferred. Need to ask Paul a couple questions. Have to switch my e mail to Gmail which is a pain.