Friday, August 30, 2013

Concrete on a Very Hot Day

The concrete trucks started arriving this morning at 7:25.  The guys are pouring the last third of our machine shed & shop today.  The temp. is supposed to get up to 92 this afternoon.  Humidity is 97% right now. I think Bill said we'd have 8 loads of concrete today to finish the floor.  This shed is going to be really nice for the guys to work on equipment in when it's done.  They've been doing that at Uncle Tim's shed, but the equipment has gotten bigger over the years and they're running out of space.  

While they're out there sweating and working hard, I'm in the air conditioning making deviled eggs and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies this morning to go along with grilled ribeye sandwiches and potato salad for lunch.

We are still needing rain.  We've really only had two rains this summer - 1" and 1/2".  The outlook for the crops is not good.

I finally got to try Zumba Wed. night.  My friend, Marie, and I went to Jazzercise faithfully for several years and really liked it so I've always been curious about Zumba since it sounded similar - and it is.   It's just faster paced.  I know a couple of women, one older than me and one younger, who love it and have both lost 60 pounds.  I don't know if I'll go back or not.  It is hard on the knees due to the speed that you do everything, but it was fun!  (mostly young girls that look like Barbie dolls there . . .)  I just need to get in the habit of at least walking either on the treadmill or outside.     

Back to the cookies ...

No comments: