Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Manly Special Birthday Card

Bill is on the Board of Directors of Pocahontas Mutual Insurance Company and has a Board Meeting tomorrow in Laurens.  One of the board members has a 90th birthday coming up so we needed a card for Bill to take.  I made this one using the lighthouse stamp we bought in Door County, Wisconsin in July.  This is the lighthouse we visited and Bill climbed to the top of.

I like how this card turned out.  I used markers to put color directly on the stamp with Pacific Point blue, Garden Green and Chocolate Chip.  Those are the colors of the layers too.  I really like the inside saying:  "Life is not a matter of counting years but of making years count".  The envelope liner was made with the new thinlets we have to make 3 different sizes of liners which I cut out of designer paper in Pacific Point to match the card.  To order stamping products, go to my web site (above right - www.cindykemna.stampinup.net) where you can shop 24/7.

   

3 comments:

Pam L said...

Very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
That is really a neat card!

Cindy said...

Thanks! I should use this stamp more often for guy cards.