Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to Business for Me

I know I haven't posted for several days in a row, but we're still alive.  Mom has been here for a few days but left for home/Indiana this morning.  We've been babysitting the two little girls a lot while she was here so she could see them.  She misses them and they grow up too fast.

Yesterday we went to Okoboji and had lunch by the lake.  Okoboji is "the place to be" in the summer here.  Lots of people go there every weekend to their cabins or campers.  Camry saw the water and all the boats and said right away "Mommy, let's go home and get our boat".  She must be like me - when I see boats on the water I sure want to be out there too.  We looked at some of the shops in The Emporium where the restaurant was (similar to Tin City in Naples, FL) and other shops in town like the Barn Swallow Gift Shop and went to The Barefoot Bar which is at the Parks Marina.   They have live palm trees in the summer which is fun to have in Iowa!  (see below)  They move them inside in the winter!  We had some nachos and something to drink while enjoying the breeze and watching boats.

Bill went to West Bend this morning and is working on the combine today.  One of my stamping customers is bringing over five of her granddaughters tonight to see my craft room and all of my stamped card samples and things since they love to make cards.  She needs some help with her Big Shot.  So I have some work to do to finish getting ready for them.  I hope to have a couple of cards for them to make.    

Have several pictures to post in the next few days.
at The Barefoot Bar

No comments: