Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Meals in Indiana

Now that the triplets and Glenn are back in Carmel, when I show up there and get to be with them, it's a good reason for us all to go out to eat, and partly because we don't have these restaurants anywhere near here.  You all know we do lots of cooking here because of that.  So it's a treat for me to get to go out and the boys love it and mom too.  Except it's hard to lose weight - or maintain - eating out so much.

The first place we went was Bub's.  It's along The Monon Trail in downtown Carmel and it's fun to sit outside and watch people walking or biking on the trail.  Mom and I like to get the kid size burger which, as you can see, is the size of a dill pickle slice - about 3 bites - perfect!
tiny burger






















The next place we went was McCallister's Deli where we sat outside too.  They have great sweet tea.   
One morning I met a long time friend, Debbie, at Petite Chou for breakfast and another evening friend, Erin, at Puccinni's where she and I used to go for their Greek salads and pizza. 

Mom made our all time favorite, fried chicken with mashed potatoes & gravy and we ate out on the porch.  Another night Glenn made taco salads.  (I need to make them at home) 

We checked out the new City Barbecue in Carmel.  It was very similar to a barbecue place we went to in Dallas last year.  Went to MCL Cafeteria after church Sun.  It was as busy as ever.  I used to go there quite a bit with Grandma & Grandpa R.    My favorite is Outback, and we didn't make it there.  The last meal was Texas Roadhouse to celebrate the boys' 23rd birthday.  

I could honestly say by the end of the stay that I was tired of eating out for a while!  But it was fun.

No comments: