Monday, June 17, 2013

Fun Trails

I had a Christmas gift suggestion a couple of years ago for Bill to get me a bike since I can always use more ways to get some exercise.  He said I needed to just go pick one out myself.  So while at Mom's in Carmel, I asked Glenn if he would go to Walmart with me to get one.
There are lots of miles of FUN trails to ride on in the area so Glenn and I rode a couple of days on them and he, Mom and I rode around the neighborhood too.  The weather was perfect for riding.  There are sections of The Monon Trail that are really crowded especially on the weekends.  Mom says they are cracking down on riding fast on the trail and there are actually speed limits posted.  Another dangerous thing is dogs on leashes.  They can all of a sudden cross in front of a bike rider.

Check out this LINK to see better pictures of the trail!   Like when we were snowmobiling through such pretty areas in Wisc. this winter, you don't take the time to stop and take pictures of the pretty scenery often enough.

We have a great trail that starts a mile from our house but you could walk or ride for miles and not see anybody which kind of scares me to be out there alone.  Not to mention the mountain lions that are occasionally seen around here.  Bill's birthday is coming up next month, and I keep asking him if he's sure he doesn't want a bike??! 
near downtown Carmel
Glenn on the newly opened trail bridge over 146th St.


lots of trees/shade in many areas - nice
Love these little flowering trees or bushes



 Some pretty sights along the trail:
park area behind the mayor's office

the pond there with lily pads
Wanted to be sure and tell about our bike riding after all the pictures of us eating out!!

2 comments:

mom said...

They said this week that they are thinking about making the trail wider so that will be good. Mom

Anonymous said...

Get a pedal powered bike for you, and a Harley for Bill.

-Jim