Wednesday, June 19, 2013

So Cute

Monday was Diane's little one's 3rd birthday, and we were invited for supper and cake.  Diane said I could come early and help with the cake as Camry wanted a Barbie cake.  But it was actually going to be a Tinkerbell cake because Tinkerbell was one of her birthday gifts.  Diane had me Google Tinkerbell doll cakes, and I saw the one she wanted to try to make:
Then I Googled fondant icing and told Diane I would try to make some so we could make these leaves.  A recipe I found was melted mini marshmallows (in the microwave), a lot of conf. sugar and some kneading.  So I made the fondant and thought it seemed like it was right and took it over to Diane's where Lacey & I rolled it out and cut the leaves out by hand and made marks for the veins with a knife and she snipped the edges of some with kitchen shears.  Diane matched more icing to the fondant color and frosted the cakes and wrapped Tinkerbell's legs with plastic wrap and stuck her down in the cake she had made in a Pampered Chef batter bowl.  We were quite proud of how ours turned out!

















 
with her guitar on her back

In other news, we had another dry day today.  Here is Bill and Brian leaving to go try to work a field to plant and then Tim leaving to roll a field so I assume some beans have been planted.  I haven't called to see what's going on since the conditions they're working in are not good.  ** He just got in and said he got 90 acres done - out of 950 that needs to be done and the rest of the fields are too muddy.  Not good.
Bill & Brian with field cultivator
Tim with roller

No comments: