Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Preparations

When I was back in Indiana last, one of my stamping friends introduced me to Pinterest. It's another time consuming thing kind of like Facebook but you can get lots of good ideas there. It seems like there are lots of fun food ideas. (this stamping friend is the same one that told me about cake balls that I made and blogged about)

I found these cute "acorns" on Pinterest. They're just made with the bite size Nutter Butters, Hershey kisses and chocolate chips.

Lacey and I had a good tim
e making some of them last time the girls were here. You just melt a few chocolate chips to use as "glue" to put the pieces together. Quick, easy & cute!

I had signed up to do
snacks last Sun. night for the Ignite teen group at church so I made a pan of Scotcheroos and also took a bowl of these. Today I dropped off some for Terri to have for their Thanksgiving meal since this is something she would like/make and dropped off some for Lacey to take to their Thanksgiving feast tomorrow so she can show them what she made (she was pretty proud of them). The ones left here have a little sign on them that say "No!" so we'll have some for tomorrow!

Can't you just about smell good things cooking all over tonight? I've had a couple of problems in the process of making my stuff today. The little heater that I use to heat up our small laundry room to raise the rolls in was not heating. Also a piece broke off of my food processor that I use to blend up the sweet potatoes for the sweet potato casserole Jim is looking forward to.
So Bill had to "fix" when he came in tonight.

I'm thankful for husbands who can fix things and also that I was in 4-H and had to learn how to make these rolls! They're an easy recipe that the dough is refrigerated overnight and no kneading is needed. If you'd like the recipe, let me know! These will be baked tonight so our house will smell great - and we'll get to sample them warm out of the oven!

If you watch the Macy's Parade tomorrow, watch for the Carmel (Indiana) Greyhounds - the band from my high school (and Mom's & Glenn's).

3 comments:

Pam said...

I would love the recipe Cindy!

Marie said...

Cindy,

The "acorns" were a hit!!! Thanks for sharing. Do you have any cool ideas along that line for Christmas? :-)

Cindy said...

Marie, I found these acorns on Pinterest. Glad you liked them! They were easy & fun to make. I've seen a few cute food items for Christmas. Will share if I make anything.