Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pretty

This time of year I notice the sunsets more since before you know it, it's getting dark and your blinds are still open so you see the sunset! We've had lots of pretty ones lately.

I've been entering LOTS of recipes for our town's Sesquicentennial cookbook. There are three of us typing them in to the cookbook company's software. We have 560 entered so far. Our goal is to h
ave all entered by this weekend so the gal that's going to proofread them can get started.

This is a card I've made several of this Fall. Fall has always been my favorite season, and I always like making "leaf cards". This was made with Stampin' Up!'s Gently Falling set in our current catalog. It's a two step set. You ink the first solid stamp and stamp, then stamp over it with the outline stamp that goes with it. Then I cut the leaves out and mounted them on the card with dimensionals so that they're popped up.

Today Bill was working on tile lines. He installed another intake in one field (just what I need - another intake to try to not hit!) and worked on a couple other fields. They're getting more work like this done now since we still have had no measurable rain or snow - very unusual weather. Guys are hauling corn from their grain bins past our house this week and the dust is just rolling off the gravel road. It's kind of pointless to dust things in the house right now. I was hoping that with a new house it would be tighter and less dust would get inside but it still does somehow.

No comments: