Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

Here's a good recipe that our family usually has on Thanksgiving. Bill's brother Jim is always hinting about wanting one of my Sweet Potato Pies and I've never made one, but I figured out that he must mean this! We'll find out Thurs.!

I'll probably be doing another blog post later today re: a Stampin' Up! sale - Online Extravaganza - that's going on as of yesterday. See details on my web site (above) and click on Promotions! Now through Nov. 30th.

Sweet Potato Casserole

1/2 c. milk
1 1/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
3/4 stick butter, melted
46 oz. canned sweet potatoes
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. cinnamon

Blend together in a blender or food processor. Bake at 350 for 30 min.

Topping

3/4 c. crushed corn flakes
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 stick butter

Melt butter and combine with above. Spread over mixture and bake 10 min.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...can't wait.

-Jim

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
So glad you shared this! For those of you who haven't tried this, it's awesome. I don't even like sweet potatoes but I look forward to eating this. Hope I can make it as good as Cindy's.

Karen