Saturday, September 3, 2011

Back to Iowa

Bill and I left Indiana Wed., stopped to see one of my friends and meet her husband and then stayed in Dubuque, Iowa for the night. Got home Thurs. late afternoon. I have several more pictures from Indiana and our stop in Dubuque (where we got married) to post soon!

I'm lucky that Bill cleans up the house before I get back whenever I've been gone! He runs the dishwasher, does his laundry and "recycles" the newspapers (which means he burns them or puts them in the dumpster). He just doesn't do floors, sinks or toilets. So I've been unpacking all of my stamping stuff I took to Indiana and clothes, doing laundry, going through mail, etc.

The day we got back I went to our Farmers' Market (the refrig. was bare!) and caught up with some people. This morning I went to the West Bend Farmers' Market and talked with one of the vendors that I knew. I gave her my Stampin' Up! business card as she wants to have a party since she scrapbooks. We have the new Holiday Mini catalog out as of Sept. 1st! I'll have a link to it on the right here soon. Otherwise, you can also see it through my SU! web site (link above).

I found Bill inside a grain bin on my way home. It's the last one to be cleaned out. Yesterday he did some paperwork after we got back from Algona. Our front seat in the Buick is squeaking again. Had some papers to sign at the accountant's office - both in Algona.

We got 9/10" of rain the night we got back. It is needed although it's too late for the crops. This morning has been rainy but the sun's trying to come out. 79 degrees. I have chicken & dumplings in the crock pot for lunch and it's smelling good. Will also cook some fresh green beans. I made Bill a cake yesterday. He said his mom had something sweet for him with the meals she made for him while I was gone. Thanks Peggy!


2 comments:

Peggy said...

Feeding Bill was fun while you were gone (But I'm glad you're back) He did do a pretty good job of eating his veggies!
His desserts were usually ice cream and a cookie or fresh sliced peaches, altho. I did make a small pan of brownies----that way I could have some too :)

Cindy said...

Thanks for feeding him! For those that don't know, the only place you can get food here in our town is at the gas station - some sandwiches - or the bar at night. No fast food at all or pizza places. Women here just have to cook all the meals! Which isn't all bad.