Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It Has Started!

Bill walked in for lunch today and said "it has started". They got started combining an 80 acre field of seed beans right before lunch. Not finding anything else that's ready yet.

In the picture is the new grain cart. Sure looks big! Pam has some nice equipment to use this year! She's been driving a John Deere 8300 tractor with a smaller cart for several years. Tim & Bill say she'll be up high enough now in this quadtrac to see into the semis which will help when she dumps from the cart into the semi. The cart holds a little over 1000 bushel and unloads at 500 bushel a minute. (wow)

It's only 62 today with some wind and it's not sunny. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and then sunny and back to the 70's so there should be lots more action later this week. We're back to seeing more traffic on our road (pickups - spring and fall) and there are some guys hauling grain from last fall into the elevator.

I babysat on Sat. and Mon. Will post pictures another day. I have a cookbook meeting this afternoon and then will go ride with Bill. Recipes for the 2013 150th Anniversary Cookbook are starting to come in better now with the deadline of Nov. 1st getting closer. We're hoping for 900 recipes from our little town of 500 people!

PS - something has been eating my hostas at night this week and I'm not happy! They have looked so nice all summer. Wish I knew what they really like to eat and I'd leave it out for them to have instead!!

4 comments:

kelly said...

I'll bet the deer are munching on your hostas, they seem to love them!!

Anonymous said...

That sure is shiny and red. Sure hope Pam likes the quad track, if not I suggest putting it on the ripper. :)

-Jim

Cindy said...

I agree Jim! We'll take it won't we?! I'm bummed to have to go back to the "old" 4 wheel drive after driving the new one!

Glenn says I need to take a new picture with the SUV next to the cart to show the size better. Will do that.

Pam said...

Seems deer, squirrels and rabbits will all eat hostas....darn critters!