Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Landscaping Coming Together

Yesterday I went to Spencer (about an hour away) to get the rest of the perennials I wanted for our landscaping project. It's supposed to rain every day until Thurs. so when I got home, we got busy and got everything planted so it would be done before it got muddy and maybe they'd get some nice rain. Turns out that it rained on us for about 2 minutes and that's it. The mosquitos were terrible! Sunny, humid & hot today while Bill's getting started putting down the weed barrier and river rock - a very hot and not fun job.


The things we planted here in front are knock out roses, green velvet boxwoods, "caradonna" salvia, "dianthus" maiden pinks, "campanula" white clips or bellflower, and stachys "hummelo".

More flowers/plants on the other sides - more pictures another day!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Beautiful and you are so lucky to have that dark, rich soil.

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Looks great, Cindy! Pretty flowers always make a home look so inviting!
Thanks for the SU catalog - I received it last week. (do I owe you anything for it?) I'm still browsing through it, oohhing and ahhing over all the new things!

Cindy said...

Marie, there is some clay but nothing like Indiana. It's so nice that it's so much easier to dig! I agree Denise - flowers make a big difference! I'm glad to finally get some going here. Enjoy that Stampin' Up! catalog!