Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bryan's Birthday

Today is Bryan's 16th birthday! He's here visiting Bette Jo & Tim, his grandparents. We've had him helping do all kinds of things the past 3 weeks! Bill says he's been a lot of fun to have around - and I agree! He's going back home to Colorado in a week - by train - and we'll miss him! But he's my Facebook friend now, so we'll stay in touch!

Tim & Bette Jo took him out for pizza tonight. Then they stopped by for cake & ice cream and Peggy joined us. He likes choc. so I made a white cake with choc. icing. I also made homemade hot fudge. I'll get the recipe on here - easy and cooked in the microwave!

Wow, it was a thick, hot, hot day here with heat index of 114. We had some lightning and then a little rain this evening. After that, a pretty sunset but the mosquitoes got me as I was taking this picture so I didn't go back out later when it changed and was still really pretty. This was taken from the end of our driveway. That's the elevator in town in the distance.

No comments: