Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yesterday

Bill operating the combine (nice view!).

Here he's full and stopped waiting on the grain cart. The semis were having to haul the corn from this field to a grain bin. It takes a while to unload and get back. The elevator closed at 2:00.

I was chopping stalks in the same field that everybody else was in. That was kind of fun. I had obstacles to stay away from and things going on to watch rather than being in a field by myself!

We were able to get 90 acres done yesterday with running from about 9 am - 9 pm. I had lunch at home early and got started at 11:00. When the rest got done with lunch, they moved the tractor to another field for me. Stalk chopping is all caught up. Jim got a couple of fields ripped and just has the one we were in to do. Bill says right at 300 acres left so we just need a few more days of good weather!

I took a couple of videos yesterday but they were taking too long to load here - just got a call from the boss and gotta go! Had some stamping business to do this morning.

No comments: