Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bunker

The national weather maps have shown rain for Iowa the past 2 days but we've had nice, sunny days with beautiful sunsets.

Today the elevator was open until 2:00 but there sure weren't as many trucks and wagons going by as there were yesterday.

This is a picture of the bunker (the white thing on the left). It's a pile of corn on the ground basically covered with a tarp that usually gets torn and blown off during the winter! Expensive temporary solution. This was taken several days ago so it's bigger now plus they're putting up a 2nd one.

Baked bread again today (this is after rising and before baking). I really like this pumpkin - it was a gift from Uncle Neal & Aunt Jan when they stopped to see us 2 years ago. I'm getting back in the routine of cooking again now that we're done with Harvest - gearing up for the big Thanksgiving feast! All the years I was single, I had all these great kitchen gadgets that I never used (like the Pampered Chef loaf pan). I'm getting to use them now! There are very few restaurants around here so people just don't eat out much - which isn't all bad.

Bill is at a fire mtg. tonight - they're burning an old house in town.

1 comment:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Your bread looks beautiful, my dear!