Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blog 1st Anniversary

Can't believe I've been doing a blog for a year! It has been fun, and hope you've enjoyed it. Not sure how long I'll keep it going - will just see when I run out of good recipes, stamping projects and things to tell you about Iowa I guess!

My mom cuts out things from the Carmel area papers that I would be interested in so that I know what's going on where I came from. I got an env. from her the other day and was very surprised to find all of these great leaves that she had to have spent a lot of time pressing!! I've always loved Fall. We don't have very many trees with red & orange leaves here so not near the bright colors in Oct. as in Indiana. Seems like I had to do more than one leaf collection when growing up. No one else ever found the gingko leaf (yellow fan shaped one). There was a gingko tree at our church so I'm sure these came from there!

We've had a couple of dry days to work in the fields. Today was even sunny and warm! We got quite a bit accomplished even though the elevator was not open. Carl had lunch with us today: roast, potatoes, carrots, and pecan pie. My bread did not turn out right due to operator error!

You can see from the Comments that my brother-in-law is harrassing me about taking his job doing the ripping! Guess the other brother-in-law is saying the same. I say they'll just take whatever help they can get - and I live here! They're not picky either - Bill says things like for ripping, "just turn the field black" or how to chop stalks - just "off".

I have lots of other good pictures from my time with Lacey yesterday but will post them another day. This evening I enjoyed wacthing the big, full moon rise and another pretty sunset from the tractor cab - but didn't stop to take pictures!

No comments: