Thursday, April 16, 2009

We're Working

No workers on the house today. Hard to believe that as close as we are to being finished, nobody worked on it today. That's ok, I had the place to myself. I Goo Gone'd, scraped and washed all the windows inside and out. Also vacuumed a lot of sawdust and dirt from inside cabinets, on top of them and a bunch of the doors and woodwork - dust is everywhere. Electricians are supposed to show up tomorrow for a full day of work (and a full page of "Things To Do" from us) and hopefully the plumbers. Greg & Bill F. will be here this weekend with a full page too.

I really appreciate our painters even more after doing the windows. I had built a new house in 2001 in Indiana thinking after being single so many years, I probably wasn't going to meet Mr. Right so might as well buy a newer house that would be low maintenance for a single woman. So I ended up building the perfect house for me! Anyway, I had terrible painters. And they really made a mess of the windows!
The Perfect Touch painters here are - perfect! They did a great job painting the walls and staining the windows and were very professional. We're so glad we used them.

We had great weather for planting again today but Bill didn't get as much done today. He had to use bags of seed, was planting in a field with lots of corners and other stuff that slowed them down. He pulled into our field here at the house at about 7:30 tonight. We're going to be surrounded by corn at our house this year.
The field across the road from us is being planted today too.

No comments: