Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy 50th Anniversary!


My Aunt Jan and Uncle Neal who live in Carmel, Indiana are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today!   Happy Anniversary!  The amazing thing is that they still seem very happy after all those years!  :)  (Neal is my mom's brother)  They enjoy traveling, especially on cruises, and doing things with their kids and grandchildren.  Aunt Jan worked in the high school bookstore and does some volunteering and likes to read and knit.  Uncle Neal was a pharmacist and still works in that line part time.  They were band sponsors when their kids were in school.  They also played LOTS of cards with my parents, and Uncle Neal kept very detailed records on his computer of who won, the weather, place where they played, etc.  Interesting to read through the years.   They built a new house next to mine in Carmel so we were next door neighbors for a few years before I moved to Iowa.

Their wedding day:  I was the flower girl but was one of those too shy/scared to drop my flower petals on the way down the aisle.  I remember them blowing around in the car after the wedding!   (no air conditioning/windows down)  My dad is the 4th from the right.  Uncle Dale is the best man.

Mom and Neal's brother, Dale's, first baby girl was born on the day of the wedding but he somehow was still able to be in the wedding.  Happy 50th birthday cousin Dina! 

For their card, I used all Stampin' Up! products including two of our new In Colors, the Hearts Collection Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Bitty Banners stamp set, Top Note die, new Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and Perfect Polka Dots Folder.  Inside I have a big 50 made with a Big Shot numbers die.  You can see I sponged a heart shape on the envelope and then wrote their address over that (leaving off their address here for privacy).  If you'd like to buy any of these items, visit my Stampin' Up! web site top right and click Shop Now to see everything we carry!  You can order online any time at your convenience. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Very nice blog about Neal & Jan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice blog Cindy! And thanks for being in our wedding even though you didn't drop the petals!!!!! We plan to stay married forever.
P.S (A flower girl's real job is to look really cute like you did! Jan)

Neal and Jan