Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Circus is Coming!

Last week at my P.E.O. meeting, one of the members mentioned to us that maybe the neatest thing she's ever done was going to Humboldt to watch the circus "come to life".  She said that this would be happening Thurs. morning and anyone is welcome to show up and watch starting pretty early.  I almost forgot about it but then was excited that I had remembered and could do it.  Peggy got up early to go with me.

We watched the stakes go in the ground, the big supports lifted up and then the tent raised from a truck in the middle, the sides lowered and secured.  Then we walked over to where the animals were and saw lions, tigers and bears!  Not really - we saw 3 elephants eating and one was swaying back and forth, a hippo in a tank of water, 2 camels, some mini goats, horses and a few others.  It was interesting.  They were going to do two shows that same day and then tear down and move on to the next town.  That day it was pretty windy and there were storms predicted.  I didn't think I wanted to sit in a tent with that wind and possible bad weather, but  I plan to take my great nieces next time the circus is in the area though!     



There's a guy climbing up the side

Lots of lines to hold it down.

the elephants




No comments: