Sunday, June 10, 2012

Back to the Bridges

Wagon Wheel Bridge






After finding the amazing Kate Shelley High Bridge, I also found these two.  After Googling them, I found that the Wagon Wheel Bridge has been closed since 2007 while the county decides whether they want to replace it for the 20 area people who need to use it or make it part of a recreational trail.      
  


This Humpback Bridge was much scarier than it looks in the pictures!  The hump seemed kind of steep as you're driving up on it and then it was . . . well, look at the floor of it.  At first I wasn't going to go over it but knew I would be blogging about it so decided I had to drive over! 
Humpback Bridge

View from the top.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever told you about the time I took mom and dad over the old Chouteau bridge here in KC. It was shut down about a couple of hour later after they found a bigger than a basketball size hole that had rusted out in one of the main girders.

That bridge is gone now, and the new one got finished three years ahead of schedule.

-Jim

Cindy said...

After that big one in Minneapolis collapsed a few years ago (2007), I'm always glad when I get across the bigger ones!