Thursday, December 30, 2010

Weird Weather

This is what my drive to Algona looked like today although part of the drive home was worse than this. Luckily about half way home, I saw the sun through the fog and then suddenly drove out of the fog. I'm wondering if Algona is still fogged in.

I had gone to look at upright freezers at the appliance store and found what we're looking for I think.

The temp. got up to right at 50 today so three fourths of the snow in our yard melted, and we can see the dirt in the fields (last picture). This is unusual - usually it
stays white here all winter.

Since it was so warm when I was leaving for Algona, I decided to hook the hose up to the hot water spigot and hose off the garage floor which had lots of gravel and dirt on it. Bill happened to stop by and got to help with that. Then when I got home later, I pulled onto the concrete pad and hosed off the Pilot before pulling into the garage. When the gravel roads are squishy like they were today, the vehicles can get pretty nasty. Now the roads will freeze tonight, and it may look good for quite a while. I hope the garage will too!

The temp. has dropped very fast all day and tomorrow we're supposed to have maybe up to 1/4" of freezing rain.

No comments: