Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hay & Straw

I had a request for the Hay & Straw recipe I mentioned making a few days ago so here it is. Easy and leftovers heat up in the microwave well.

HAY & STRAW

1 package (16 oz.) linguine
2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
1 T. butter
3 cups frozen peas
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in butter for 3 minutes. Add peas, heat through.

Drain linguine; toss with ham mixture, Parmesan cheese and cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings

** Like Pioneer Woman, I substituted the Kraft grated Parmesan for shredded since our little grocery just has the basics. I also kind of cut this recipe in half for just the 2 of us. And I always add some pepper to most things. This would also be good with some garlic.

2 comments:

Glenn Markley said...

Cindy:

Thanks for the recipe Hay & Straw. Glenn

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I just sent in a request too--guess I should've kept reading before I commented! Thanks for posting it!

Karen