Thursday, December 9, 2010

Not Much Happening Here

There's really not much going on here to write about - or take pictures of. It's still mostly white outside with snow on the way Saturday. But, I did see 40 degrees at lunch time today so took advantage of the nice day and grilled hamburgers. Appreciated the deck Bill built this summer to put the grill on!

I've been trying new recipes lately. I've always cut out recipes from magazines and now Bill's farm papers, but usually just make my old standbys. I've decided that now that I have a great kitchen and someone to cook for that I should try more new recipes! And because winter's kind of boring.

One recipe I recently tried was called Hay & Straw. It was linguine, ham strips, peas, Parmesan cheese and cream. We liked it and it was quick and easy. Also made split pea soup another day. Will leave out the barley next time.

Today I made Pioneer Woman's Chex party mix recipe except I didn't have Tabasco. She uses fresh minced garlic which is different from the original recipe.

Bill and Tim bought a new trailer and Bill picked it up today. By the way, Bill now has THE COLD.

I had a dr. appointment in Humboldt Tues. and finished my Christmas shopping while there. Bill bought his adult Kemna Christmas gift today so I think we're done shopping! Now to wrap (and make our Christmas cards).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you get time, I'd like the Hay and Staw recipe. I'm always looking for good, but quick ideas for meals!

Karen