Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Taco Potatoes

Mom has been enjoying having a personal cook this week. Today I made one of my favorite quick & filling meals: taco potatoes. We had a restaurant here in Carmel back when I was just out of high school that had baked potatoes with various toppings you could get like broccoli & cheese, chili & cheese, etc. My favorite was the taco one. You just bake one potato per person. Smash it with a fork and add butter if you like. I leave that off. I add pepper (I don't use salt since the taco seasoning has sodium in it).

Make taco meat (browned hamburger with taco seasoning). Top with shredded cheese (it melts a little if you put it on over the meat). Then shredded lettuce, taco sauce or salsa and some sour cream. Tomatoes are good on it too. I usually use a bigger baked potato for Bill and smaller for me. It's just nice that it's a meal all in one!

Bill went to a meeting today where he was fed a good lunch. He says he has plenty to do in the next couple of weeks getting equipment ready and picking up seed.

1 comment:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Oh Yum!
Since I'm avoiding red meat these days, some black beans mixed with salsa would be a great topping on the tater for me!