Monday, February 23, 2009

Last Pie!


The drywall guys are here and the plumbers. The plumbers were bringing a water heater today. Bill told them "Uh, we're using the one we have since it's only a year old". Gotta watch 'em!

I made a lemon meringue pie this morning for delivery before lunch. This is my last one!!! I had mentioned before that last year our town had a benefit auction for our neighbor who had breast cancer. I donated a pie a month for a year. Our mayor and her husband paid $165 for the deal. So they've had blueberry pies, pumpkin, cherry, French silk, apple and pecan but their favorite was the lemon meringue so that's what I made them today for their last one. I love to bake but found out with this that I don't like to bake for people that have paid for them - in case they don't turn out right - and you don't know until you cut into them! The good news is that Amy, our neighbor is doing really good! She just had a preventative hysterectomy last Mon. and was in church already yesterday!

2 comments:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Your pie looks wonderful! Lemon meringue is my husband's favorite, too, but he doesn't get it very often because of his diabetes!

Anonymous said...

I agree Cindy. Your lemon pie meringue looks toasted just right.
I think you could enter a magazine contest and win money. I'm not going to make it to the gym/sauna to swim with my mom tonight-too tired from work and going home to bed. At least I have a pretty bathroom to go home to now since I redecorated it this am with new shower curtain, towel and a yellow rug. Take care, Suetta