Monday, February 16, 2009

I Hate Flies Almost As Much As Spiders Now!

Nothing much going on with the house - still working on the drywall - so I'm going to complain about the flies - again! Can you believe we still have flies in this house with all of the zero and below zero weather we've had this winter?? Wouldn't you think they would've all been frozen? On sunny days there will be about 3 of them buzzing around about every window. Then at night a couple will buzz around the lamp near your head next to where you're sitting. Then when we get up in the morning 3-6 are laying dead on the floor below each window and in various other places around the house. Or, what really makes me mad is if I go around and vacuum them all up, about an hour later there will be 3-4 dead on the floor that have appeared in that short amount of time. But I am thankful that since I've lived here we've had waaaaaaaay more flies than spiders which is a good thing!!! Bill had me worried about all the spiders he said he had! Flies just make me mad but spiders scare me! The other thing about dead flies - lots of times when you pick up a dead one (with a kleenex!), a leg or two is always left laying there! Ugh. Bill's mom gives me hope - in her "newer"/tighter home she has very few flies!!

We do have a potential problem with the drywall - mostly in the master bedroom. It is bubbling when moisture is put on it, like the drywall mud, and it will do it when painted. Someone from the company that makes it came out today and someone else higher up is coming out tomorrow to decide how bad it is and what they'll do about it. I'm trying not to think about it. We don't want any more delays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Files never die...they just hibernate.

Rip out that drywall, that excess moisture will just lead to bigger problems down the road.

-Jim