Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bird Problems

Well, I've heard of three people that are wondering why I haven't posted for a while so today is the day to try to get some posts ready to go! We have been busy but mainly I'm STILL having problems with technology! I'm finally using only my new laptop and have gotten the things I use all the time where I want them and more importantly, know how to use them. Except for pictures. Still struggling with how to get them off my phone and organized so that finding them for blog posts is quick and easy. Not something I enjoy messing with. 

Today I've downloaded the ones I want from my phone and thought I had them deleted off of my phone but - they're still there. Ugh. So now I need to read my phone's instructions.

The latest project around here is insulating above the ceiling in the new shed. That job is done as of this morning and Bill is very happy. I "think" I have pictures of that to post if they didn't get deleted by mistake! 

Here are two I know I have. Last Christmas, thanks to my brother's idea, I gave Bill a weather station. It's a unit that he mounted on part of an old telephone pole. We LOVE being able to see how much rain we're getting as it comes down - from in the house! And lots of other weather info. too like wind speed & direction, humidity in and out. When it's raining hard it even says "it's raining cats and dogs!" But the problem with the rain has been that sometimes it gets clogged up since birds sit on top of it! We Googled "problems with Davis weather stations and birds" and found lots of ideas from people on things they've tried. Bill glued in a sink screen upside down and wired together a bunch of wire spikes! This should do the trick!

No comments: