Saturday, November 23, 2013

More Spencer Fair

The first fun thing you see at the fair when you arrive is people on horseback directing you into your parking spot.
I did spend too much time in the building where the adult entries are - watching cherry pie judging.  It was very disappointing though.  I thought I would get some pie making tips by listening to their comments, but they didn't comment at all about why they gave good ribbons or not - not even at the end.  It was fun to meet the judge, Louise Piper, though since she is a former Rolfe resident, and I've talked to her on the phone before.  Her daughter helped her and she is the owner of Our Daily Bread Bakery in Algona and Bill went to school with her.  Louise's son traps on our property in the winter.
While I was waiting to see the winning pie, I wandered around and looked at the MANY jars of canned food, afghans and other creative things entered.  Of everything I saw that day, I was most impressed with this sewing machine cake!!
amazing detail


such pretty decorations above too



No comments: