Friday, November 15, 2013

Eeeek!!!

Anybody that knows me knows that the one bug I'm scared of is a spider!!! I hate flies in the house but that's nothing compared to spiders!  Grandma R. used to kill them with her fingers - ewwwww!!!  No Way!  It's one of those things though that you can't wait for somebody else to kill them.  By the time they get home, who knows where it would be so I get a kleenex and wad it up and get 'em before they can get away and hide - or get me! 

So it's a little surprising that I thought it would be fun to make the following with Diane's little girls at Halloween time!  In a way, even if they're not real, it's kind of creepy to have spiders sitting on top of deviled eggs!  But the girls love olives and they were easy so we did it.  I made a big deal out of making them to surprise Uncle Bill. It was fun.  They really should probably have more legs but they were already big enough!  Lacey was impressed with the Pampered Chef tool we used to pipe in the egg filling.  She loves doing holiday food or crafts.

(The funny thing is that Bill won't eat olives, and I don't really care for them.  Look at all those olives in the middle!  The girls ate all of them by the end of the day!)


No comments: