Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving !

I hope you all are having a nice day with that traditional Thanksgiving food that you look forward to and being with family.  

My family always has turkey, baked dressing (not stuffed in the turkey), sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry salad, homemade butterhorn rolls and pecan and pumpkin pie.  Every year we say "yikes, this is all carbs!" and try to think of something green to have with it at least or usually just say "oh well, it's only one day a year". 

This year I got a couple of new things to decorate our table and really like how it looks.  I love table runners and have had this on the table all fall.  Some bittersweet around the candles would be nice too.  I spotted some bittersweet along the trail but it's mostly up high in the trees.

an unusual pumpkin











I really like this Jack-O-Lantern I have up in Oct.

Camry asked me why this "clown" was in her little chair!  She didn't know about scarecrows yet.



No comments: