Friday, November 22, 2013

Spencer Fair

Every year, it's a tradition to go to the Clay County Fair in Spencer.  It's in September so something to look forward to at the end of summer.  People around here like it better than the Iowa State Fair.

We went this year and my favorite thing this time had to be the Braunschweig Pottery booth from Alta, Iowa near Storm Lake.  Connie had so many things made by pressing leaves into the clay.  I LOVE oak and gingko leaves and she uses lots of both.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of anything with the oak leaves.
gingko leaves on a lamp base







wall hanging


I bought this and love it.  I added the dried "grass/wheat", etc.  I had Bill save a couple of pheasant feathers for it.  It looks good on our great room wall next to the front window.  

No comments: