Monday, October 7, 2013

Almost Life Changing

This is kind of a silly post and maybe I'm the only one that didn't know this, but did you know that you can freeze raisins and marshmallows???  I just found this out this summer and I'm so excited!!!!  No more wasted half bags of stuck together  marshmallows or 3/4 of a box of dry wasted raisins!!   

This morning I opened a new box of Raisin Bran cereal and you know how all the raisins are always at the bottom of the box?  I poured some cereal in my bowl and saw that only about two raisins came out with all the cereal flakes so I got my raisins out of the freezer and added some - perfect!!  I love being able to pull out part of a bag of marshmallows that I've had 'several months' maybe and be able to add them to something like apple salad or pineapple-cheese salad!  I bet I'll be able to freeze the half bag or so we have left of HUGE Campfire brand marshmallows that we toast for dessert when we use the charcoal grill, and next spring they'll be like new!  I hope this helps somebody else out there!

We had a relaxing rain day yesterday and got to watch the NASCAR race and the Broncos game.  We didn't get that much rain, but it was coming down lightly for quite a while.  Enough to keep me from ripping until later today.  The sun is out so it will just take a little time to dry the ground enough.  The combine may be able to run earlier.  We're almost halfway done with corn, and have not combined any beans yet.

I had a cute little rider with me for a little bit Sat. - Diane's little one.  She loves combines and tractors so last year she rode with Bill and me in the combine but was scared.  She thought riding in the tractor was fun but a little scary since it's bumpy.  The first thing she said to her mom when her mom opened the door to get her out was "I had fun Mommy"!     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you could freeze those! Good tip. Do the marshmellows thaw out soft or kind of chewy?

Cindy said...

The marshmallows are just like you just bought them!