Thursday, October 3, 2013

Recipe - Frozen Fruit Cups

At a P.E.O. meeting a few months ago, one of the ladies served this Frozen Fruit Cup, and I really liked them.  She was nice enough to give me the recipe.  I've recently made two batches of them.

The first was for a meal I made to serve at our Farmers' Market a couple of weeks ago.  Our market manager, Beth, likes to line up a meal to be served each week at the market.  We have lots of widowed and/or single folks in town that especially like to be able to pick up a home cooked meal.  Sometimes groups will do the meal as a fundraiser.   Beth was needing more meals this market season so I volunteered to do one.  I made and served chicken & noodles, homemade butterhorn rolls, frozen fruit cups and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  My friend Terri came to keep me company and help serve.  We served 40 meals with the proceeds donated to the Farmers' Market for advertising, etc.

These fruit cups are nice to have on hand.  It seems like people don't eat enough fruit so these make it easy to have some with a meal.  I set a couple out when I start making a meal, and by the time we eat, they're slushy perfect.  

FROZEN FRUIT CUPS                                      makes 25 - 5 oz. servings

(include all juices with fruit)
3 - 15 oz. cans apricot halves in heavy syrup, cut in sm. pieces
2 - 8 oz. cans crushed pineapple
1 - 8 oz. can pineapple tidbits, cut up
1 - 12 oz. can frozen orange juice, NOT DILUTED
1 T. lemon juice or Real Lemon
6 mashed bananas
1/3 c. sugar

Mix all.  Freeze in 5 oz. cups.  Makes 25. 
 ** I found this size plastic cups and lids at our party supply store.

     

No comments: