Thursday, May 31, 2012

Uh Oh!

Sneaky snake in the landscaping.
Almost every day, if I have my camera with me, I run across something fairly interesting to take a picture of and blog about.  I was surprised at what I found yesterday!

You might want to skip to the bottom of this post if you REALLY hate snakes!  Skip to the picture of the sprayer and the blue type.

I was mowing at our house yesterday and scared this snake from the grass into the river rock!  (makes me thing twice about walking around in flip flops like I always do!)   I took his picture and then kept driving by watching to see where he would go (so I would know!).

First he slithered under the hose reel box (great) and the next time I went by, into a little hole next to the box and house (not good!)!  The next time I went by he had his head (& tongue) sticking out of the hole taunting me.  The next time he was back out in the grass so . . . I had to do it . . . I ran over him!  Then got the heck out of that area!  But had to go back a while later (still on the mower) to make sure he was dead - he wasn't. He had a bad head injury and was mad it looked like and still moving!  Ewww! 

I had to go somewhere for a few minutes in the car and decided that when I got back I better run over him with the car tires once and for all!  I will spare you all the details - but I was then scared to look to make sure he was dead!  Bill did when he got home - and he is dead.  Whew.  Just worried if this one had friends in the area . . .   Since I killed him, I think the least Bill can do is get rid of him!  It's still out there so far . . .

We are all happy.  Tim, Peggy & I all got all of our mowing done, Bill & Tim got fields and other weedy areas sprayed and now it can rain which it did overnight and this morning.  So far we got .3".  In this picture and video Bill is spraying just the edges of the field to keep the grass on the sides from going into the rows.   

This morning he's at an appointment at the FSA office in Pocahontas for something he has to do farm related.  It's only 54 so I'm thinking about chili.  As all the kids say now - jk (just kidding).    

Today is my triplet nephews' 22nd birthday!  Happy birthday Rob, Ross & Reed! 
Bill in the sprayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Glad you killed the snake. I'm a little worried about how big it looked---could have baby snakes around??

Karen

Cindy said...

I know! I thought it was pretty fat! This is the first one I've seen around our house or anywhere that I cut the grass.