Saturday, May 26, 2012

Holiday Weekend

Last night we both had the idea to go out to eat (we think the same a lot) so we went to Storm Lake to Boz Wellz and had steaks.  Bill had not been there and he liked it.  It has a nice atmosphere compared to most places around here and a big menu with lots of good sounding choices.  Then we stopped at Fareway for meat for the freezer and Walmart to get charcoal and a few other things.  Nice date night - for us.  :)

You can see what I made for Bill - again - today.  Over dessert he proclaimed that he is very happy - to be eating my apple pie and with a little rain the other day and a little last night, the beans are out of the danger zone and now have a chance to live and grow.   

He's working on equipment today, and I've been cleaning, weeding and card making.  I also planted another hosta on the north side of our house.  Now that it can really be seen by passers by with our old grove gone, I thought it would be good to fill in the landscaping a little more on that side. 




Have really been enjoying watching the Orioles at the feeder outside the great room windows.  Wish they were around all year!  We have some hummingbirds at the feeder that's outside the screened porch on the back too.  

Looking forward to watching at least some of the Indianapolis 500 on TV tomorrow. Will  miss hearing Jim Nabors sing Back Home Again in Indiana this year.  I guess my cousin Paul has always wanted to take over that job.  Dad always sang it too.


The cemetery is just to our north, and I've been noticing that it's very busy with cars driving in and around.  I went by there earlier and see that lots of flowers have appeared along with the Avenue of Flags. 

Hope everyone is having a nice Memorial weekend!  

No comments: