Monday, May 14, 2012

Planting - almost done




Bill planting

Bill's Mom's house & barn in the distance
The weather is perfect here this week.  I finished the field cultivating yesterday.  Bill hopes to finish planting today. He's doing the field around our house and has one more.  Then Tim will spray them and be done and Carl will roll them.  It's strange that they roll over newly planted beans with big, super heavy rollers!

Now there is mowing to do, laundry, and we need to water our trees/new grove.  I bought flowers this morning and plan to plant them this afternoon. 




These pictures were all taken several days ago.
I like all he changes of the colors of the landscape and even now when the dirt is dark brown when newly worked and planted.

2 deer in the field














These 2 deer were in the little field Bill was moving to next.

One day I shared a field with about 6 deer for a while and several  mice. The deer were laying in a weedy  area I had worked earlier.  I guess it was maybe cool for them. 

No comments: