Saturday, September 15, 2012

Misc. Pics from Today

Tim knocking dirt off the ripper

My ride

Pam dumping corn from the grain cart into the semi.  Carl waving in the truck.

Bill dumping corn directly from the combine into the semi.

Tim fixing the ripper for me - lost a bolt - lots of rocks in this field.

Bill washing the windows on the combine this morning.



We had a good day today.  They combined an 85 acre field.  I finished a field and then got more than 3/4 of the 85 acre field done so I'm right behind them!  We were all in the same field half of the day.  Lots of the farmers combine everything and then start doing the ripping and other field work.  We like to do the ripping right behind the combine if possible and are lucky to have enough help so that we can get fields totally done as we go.

My tractor has a new radio in it, and I found that it has a CD player so when we had that little bit of rain the other day, I went to the library and got some books on CD.  I'm really liking that!  

The weather was real nice today - sunny and in the 70's.  We worked until about 8:30.  Looks like another nice, warm day tomorrow and then a cool down.

No comments: